Grand Valley State university
- 2016 - 2017. Honors Senior Project advisor.
- 2017. Women in STEM meeting at Jenison High School.
- 2016 -Present. Member of the GVSU social media group for social media admins.
- 2015 -Present. CIS Outreach Committee.
- 2014 - Present. Student Success Center.
- 2014 - Present. Created a CIS150 Collaboration common course shell in Blackboard for faculty to easily and conveniently share course content and ideas. Included are video and written tutorials, articles, interactive and engaging activities, student commonly asked questions, resources for the website project, how to adjust grading schema information, interactive Blackboard text assignment rubrics, a forum for which faculty may subscribe to instantly share new information and more.
Created workshops and seminars that are maintained and presented several times each year:
- 2014 - Present. Accessibility presentation and workshop for faculty. The workshop was designed to increase faculty knowledge about how to create course content that follows Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles, conform to federal legislation standards / guidelines and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and contribute to student success.
- 2014 - Present. "Practical examples that faculty can implement now in their Blackboard Learn course content and electronic documents to benefit all learners and improve accessibility" for the IDeL Symposium Teaching and Learning with Technology.
@GVSUeLEARN | Abstract
- 2014 - Present. "10 Tips for Designing Exemplary Courses in Blackboard: Online, Hybrid, and Face-toFace" for the IDeL Teaching and Learning with Technology.
@GVSUeLEARN | Abstract
- 2014 - Present. "Easy Solutions to create ADA compliant documents that are beneficial to all learners" workshop.
- 2014 - Present. "Universal Design for Learning and Accessibility" for the IDeL Symposium Teaching and Learning with Technology.
- 2014 - Present. "Design and Organization Tips from Blackboard Exemplary Course Winners" for the IDeL Symposium Teaching and Learning with Technology.
- 2014 - 2015. Served on the General Education Committee; reviewed Course Assessment Reports (CARs) and provided feedback to faculty, reviewed proposals, tested the new SAIL system, and discussed new condensed skills development rubrics.
- 2014. Participated in the recording of an interview for the Provost’s office regarding the current state of online learning at GVSU. In the interview, I shared my experience teaching online.
Grand rapids community college
- Taught the Classroom Observation Training session, with Ann Alexander, to full-time faculty for effective instruction, feedback, and completing the form.
- Assist in marketing and promoting of departmental and college programs and events:
- -Participated in Career Exploration day 2013; offered advice and discussed Web design program with students
- -Created Web / Internet Development brochure for the Web Design Program of Study
- -Created Web design web page graphics to promote Web Design program
- -Created 20" x 30" posters to promote Computer Information Systems degrees and certificates (hanging in the hallway at ATC)
- - Created Sixteen logos (PDF file) for the Computer Information Systems department
- Blackboard Exemplary Course Program reviewer, 2014
- Blackboard Exemplary Course Cohort; Learner Support webinar with Blackboard director Christie Smith (jump to 34m 09s)
- Attend department meetings
- Computer Information Systems Advisory Committee member for four years
- Representative for the Academic Governing Council for two years
- Lead, advise and support colleagues by answering teaching and Blackboard questions and sharing course materials
- Collaborated with Ann Alexander to develop and present UDL / Accessibility workshop for Faculty Learning Day 2013
- Volunteered to lead another UDL / Accessibility session for CTE, 2014
- Created YouTube video tutorials that demonstrate how to create electronic documents that follow the principles of UDL and are accessible for all students
- Created 30" x 40", 300 res accessibility poster for BbWorld 2013 poster session in Las Vegas, NV (large poster was designed for print, will need to use zoom tools when viewing on screen)
- Participated in a review of the Blackboard 9.1 upgrade in 2012 and 2013
- Served on a panel for adjunct recruiting day 2013
- Faculty voices: created “Accessing your student roster in Blackboard” video for faculty
- Contributed to the BbWorld 2012 and 2013 blog
- Participated in the pilot of Blackboard Collaborate, Winter 2012
Service to the student
- Created a CIS150 mobile friendly, responsive website for students that includes optional resources for students to take their knowledge further, along with tips, tricks and related homework help.
- Provide Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials on my Web site and Blackboard
- Completed MyDegreePath training to access information and provide advice for students
- Developed courses that are designed for different learning styles (videos, hands-on projects, written assignments, presentations, discussions, PodCasts, etc.)
- Developed Blackboard courses that are accessible for all students, including those with disabilities
Community service and Activities
- Volunteer every Friday at Holland Rescue Mission (serve meals and provide tutoring to help homeless women obtain their GED)
- World Vision of Ethiopia; the Mehal Media Li project in Addis Ababa, Ethopia
- Volunteer for Lakeshore Habitat for Humanity
- Created and donated Web sites and services for several non-profit organizations
- Served on the Lakeshore Women's Business Owners Alliance board
- Former ski instructor for the disabled
- SCUBA Schools International (SSI)
- Member of Fellowship church